Paleo On The Go

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update and I'm trying bison steaks.

Update week 3, 4 and 5


Bison New York Strips


Sorry I haven't been updating, I have been busy with my personal training business. Anyway, I have stayed on the cholesterol challenge and have kept the daily average below 200 mg a day. The fiber intake fluctuates between 18 to 28 mg a day, so I guess not too bad.

I just order some bison steaks from Buffalo Gal. Bison or buffalo is lower in fat and cholesterol and could be a substitute, especially if you love steak. Bison is much lower in cholesterol than beef.  The New York strip bison I ordered, has about 4.5 grams of fat and 260 calories per serving(8 oz). Of course, I will let you know how it taste.

Below is the comparison of bison to other protein sources:

3 oz. Cal  Fat  Cho
Bison 931. 8g  43mg

Turkey 125 3.0g  59mg

Beef183  8.7g 55mg

Chicken 1403.0g73mg

http://www.buffalogal.com/Default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment