Paleo On The Go

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Update 2013




Sorry, I haven't been here for a while.  I was kind of disappointed with my cholesterol levels because they did not drop.  I talked to my endocrinologist and he referred me to a registered dietician.  She said  for people who already have a high level of fitness and nutrition, sometimes these type of people, it takes a lot of extra work to lower the cholesterol.  She told me to keep a food diary and to keep my fat grams below 40 grams a day.  They will recheck the numbers in 6 months.  Of course, that was 6 weeks ago and I have finally just gotten around to charting my fat grams.

Do I feel that one can still lower the cholesterol levels naturally?  Yes, I do.  For some of us, it will take an extra effort to get the levels down.  Do I feel that I should take medicine to help lower my levels?  No, I do not.  My doctor did not put me on cholesterol lowering medicines because my HDL(good) cholesterol is quite high and my LDL(bad) cholesterol is borderline high.  If my levels were extremely elevated and I did everything possible to lower them and it didn't drop, then I would go ahead with a drug regiment to lower my levels.  I probably can lower them if I went vegan but I'm not willing to do that at this time, I will revisit this idea in 6 months.

When I started this blog, I was gearing it to people who aren't as conscience about their health.  I still feel that one should do the most he or she can do naturally.  Drugs can be introduced after doing everything possible to change the lifestyle to a healthy one.


No comments:

Post a Comment