Paleo On The Go

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm Going Meatless Three Days A Week

Going Meatless for Beginners


Hey everyone, I have gone meatless, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I'm trying this for 6 months to see if my cholesterol decreases.  As I stated in my last post, since I have pretty decent dietary habits already, I needed to do something drastic.  No meat for 3 days a week and it's that simple.

To make it easier on myself, I decided to buy frozen vegetables along with fresh ones.  I bought a few Green Giant serving size vegetable meals for lunch and I usually have a complex carbohydrate like brown rice and a green or orange vegetable dish.  I like it so far and I thought I was going to be miserable.

How to go meatless

If you are going to go meatless a few days a week, meal plan and have plenty of fruit and frozen/fresh vegetables around, because it is easy to snack on crackers, nuts, chips and etc.  

I also have been going to a couple of blogs for recipes.  Try Stuffed Veggies, she has a variety of recipes for you to try.  Have you ever gone meatless and for how long?

3 comments:

  1. So how is the meatless diet 3 days a week going. I don't know if I could give up my meat. ... but thankfully I don't have high cholestrol. My Hubs does and he has started eating like I do... He has actually lowered his cholestrol quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meatless is going really well right now because I'm eating a lot of Kale from my garden. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. That was a good move of buying frozen vegetables along with fresh ones. I would suggest that if you are going for meat less atleast go for 6weeks as this may help you lot. Thanks | Buy Generic Lipitor |

    ReplyDelete